2 Highgate Avenue
Highgate, London N6 5RX
We are delighted that you are considering sending your child to The Avenue Pre-Preparatory School & Nursery and we aim to encourage you with your decision, and make the process as straightforward as possible.
The Avenue Pre-Preparatory School and Nursery is non-selective and children may join the Pre Nursery in the term they turn three years old. Thereafter, children progress to the full day Nursery and then on to Reception followed by Years 1 and 2. However, children may be admitted to the school in any term if spaces become available.
If you are considering sending your son or daughter to our Pre-Prep or Nursery, please come and visit. We would be delighted to take you on a tour of the School and introduce you to our staff and children.
We encourange prospective parents to visit the school but attending a tour. These take place on Tuesday mornings during term time. Please follow the link above for more information about how to resersve a place.
To register your child for a possible place please complete the online application and pay a £100 registration fee. Your application will be acknowledged along with confirmation of the waiting list his/her name has been placed on. You can register your child anytime after birth and, surprisingly, late registrations can sometimes find themselves securing a place since occasional places can arise even during the summer term prior to possible entry.
- Registration does not guarantee a place at the school for your child
- Priority is given to siblings of children currently attending the school
- We do not close lists for new applications
- Our waiting lists are often very long and if your child does not gain a place at your desired entry point, their name will remain on the waiting list for a possible chance place at a later date
- The earliest children can join the school is the beginning of the term they turn three. Guide
- This Pre-Nursery class is small with approximately 10 children joining in the Autumn term, increasing in the January and sometimes April to maximum of 14 children.
- The children in the Pre-Nursery class move into Nursery in the September after their third birthday.
- Approximately 14+ new children join this class each year.
- Reception children join in the September after their fourth birthday. On average there are approximately 4 - 6 places but this varies each year.
September 2021 Applications
We may have the occasional place available so it is worthwhile contacting us directly if you are interested in a possible place for your child.
Please do contact us by emailing email@example.com
- Siblings of children attending the school are sent an offer at the beginning of the Autumn term in the academic year prior to possible entry.
- Parents/guardians of Nursery aged children whose names are on the waiting list, are invited to meet with the Principal/Head during the autumn term and prior to an offer being made.
- Offers are made in writing by email/post when we have confirmation of places being available.
- Priority is given to children living in close proximity to the school.
- Initial offers usually commence during October and continue until all places are taken.
- If your child does not initially gain a place, their name will remain on the waiting list for a chance place or the next year’s intake.
We may contact you prior to this to establish your current level of interest.
- All children on the waiting list for the Reception intake are invited to attend a visit at the school in January prior to possible entry.
- Parents are encouraged to attend a tour of the school prior to their child’s visit.
- A reference will be requested from your child’s current nursery/school setting.
- Offers are made in writing by email/post when we have confirmation of places being available This is usually in early February.
- It is possible a late place in Reception may occur therefore we encourage parents to keep in contact with the school.
We may contact you prior to this to establish your current level of interest.
- Contact the school prior to completing an online registration form.
- Parent/guardian invited to meet the Principal.
- Your child will be invited into school for a taster session.
- A report will be requested from your child’s current school.
- Applications are considered on an individual basis and depends on a place being available.
Once a place has been offered, a deposit of £2000 will be requested to secure the place along with the completed and signed acceptance form. The deposit is non-refundable if the pupil withdraws at any time before the start of his first term no matter how much notice is given, but will be refunded at the end of his/her time at the school in accordance with terms and conditions being met.
In February each year, all Nursery children automatically receive an offer of a place for the Reception class, their next year in the school. On acceptance, the original deposit paid, is transferred to secure this place.
Parents in nursery will be requested to respond within a specified time if they wish to accept the Reception intake offer.
The terms fees are inclusive of:
- All books & stationery, music, yoga, singing, dance and drama.
- School Trips
- Swimming lessons (Reception, Yr 1 & 2)
- Music Instrument lessons (Yr 1 & 2)
- After school clubs (Yr 1 & 2) are also included
- SLT and/or Coordination therapist specialist group sessions if recommended.
|Years 1 & 2||£5,520.00|
Fees are due prior to first day of the term for which they are due. The School Directors review the fees annually and reserves the right to impose increases as necessary. Parents are informed as soon as possible of the following academic year’s termly fees, usually during the summer term.
If a pupil is withdrawn from the school, a full term’s notice in writing to the Principal is required, or one term’s fees in lieu of notice is payable.
It is vital you keep us updated should you change any of your contact detail.
Follow this link to read our Privacy Notice which you will need to acknowledge when you complete a registration form.
If your child does not gain a place initially their name and personal details will remain on the waiting list for a chance place or until they turn 6 years old and then all records destroyed. If you would like your child’s records and personal details deleted sooner than this, please notify us in writing.
As an independent pre-prep school, we take our duty in advising our parents on which schools to consider for their children very seriously. We maintain strong links with selective schools in north London and work closely with parents offering guidance and support leading up to the 7+ entrance exams.
We are very proud of each and every child’s personal achievements and successes, and many go on to selective schools in the north London area. In the last 3 years, pupils at The Avenue within all year groups have had offers from the following schools: Arnold House, Belmont, Channing, Cavendish, City Girls, Dwight, Haberdashers, Hereward House, Highgate, South Hampstead, St Anthony’s, St Christopher’s, Northbridge House, North London Collegiate, The Hall and UCS.
We always enjoy welcoming back former pupils and families for visits to the school.
By submitting any forms on this website, you consent to us using the details you provide to respond to your enquiry. A backup of these details will be held, but can only be accessed by authorised individuals. If you would like your data to be removed from our backups, please contact the school office.
Contact the Registrar
Please contact our School Admissions Registrar, Sue O’Donovan, to discuss any admissions queries. It is helpful to include your child’s date of birth.
Sue is available three days a week on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Phone number: 020 8348 6815